July 12th - 16th
July 26th - 30th
Aug 9th - 13th
What is it
If you have a child ages 10 to 15 who is really into riding mountain bikes all day then this might be for them!
5 days (9AM to 4PM) of riding bikes on the incredible trails at Moose Mountain in Kananaskis.
18 campers will spend each day with our three qualified and experienced coaches being provided shuttle service in our commercially certified vans. Primary emphasis is on riding downhill trails (WITH SHUTTLE ACCESS!), other activities will include, bike maintenance, some skills training, games, perhaps a pedal powered climb for those interested.
With three coaches the idea will be to run multiple groups, divided however the leaders feel appropriate for the activities of that moment, i.e. age, skill level, interest in different activities, energy level. The goal is to ensure there is no more than a 1:6 coach to camper ratio at any time.
Where does it take place
Campers are either dropped off at our acreage just South of Bragg Creek at 9 am or (for an additional charge) they can meet our shuttle transport (8:15 am) on the west side of Calgary (likely Westhills Shopping Centre).
Our property will have toilet facilities and space to hang out indoors or outdoors while waiting for everyone to arrive. Including places to ride bikes if they wish (15 acres)
The Campers are then transported out to one of the riding areas on greater Moose Mountain. Usually this will be the downhill trails accessed from Station Flats or Ings Mine parking areas. Here they will participate in the morning activities in their separate groups.
Coaches will bring the groups together for lunch break, either outdoors if the weather is good, or back to our home base if it is raining.
Post lunch group activity and more riding.
Campers are picked up at 4:00 at the acreage, or 4:45 from the Calgary spot.
Repeat x 5
Who is involved
Campers- The ideal camper profile would be a child who has a fair bit of Mountain Biking experience and enjoys riding downhill trails. Minimum Skill Level of 3 and Fitness Level of 2 (visit our Skill and Fitness Rating page) in order to get maximum enjoyment from the week.
Coaches- Our Youth Programming Coaches consist of a career educator who has copious experience running outdoor education programs for youth and adults (and is a great rider), as well as two people who have spent lots of time chasing kids around on bikes. All three have PMBIA Coaching certifications as well as First Aid training.
Click photo for extended bio
- Bike, a well-fitting trail capable mountain bike in good working order.
- Safety equipment, helmet, gloves, eye protection, closed toed shoes, whatever pads they are used to riding with.
- Packed lunch and snacks daily.
- Water carrying device, either bottle on bike or backpack.
- Additional clothing layers.
Price per camper $500 +5%GST
Daily Shuttle transport from Calgary $100 +5%GST
Mountain Biking trails have a range of difficulty levels and have many hazards both natural and man-made. Our coaches will be instructing campers to ride within their abilities at all times, and offering encouragement, instruction and alternatives for terrain they don't have experience with. Many of the larger technical trail features and jumps will be off limits to campers.
All three coaches as well as the shuttle driver will all have radios to stay in contact.
All staff have First Aid training.
There is cell phone coverage in several spots around the area.
First responder response time is under an hour to Moose Mountain.
Please visit our main Covid Protocol Information Page for our current policies.
Cancellation policy is 100% refund if we cannot hold the camps if Alberta 66 MTB needs to cancel the program for any reason. 90% refund if the customer cancels more than one week (7 days) before the start of the event. If the customer needs to cancel within one week for any reason there is no refund offered unless there is a waiting list and the spot will be taken by another.
Build Your Own Summer Camp
If you have an existing group of cohort kids with similar riding levels, and would prefer to set your own timetable and pickup/drop off locations.
Able to dictate what sort of terrain, specific XC, Downhill or Enduro.
More opportunity to work on specific features that are off limits to our regular camps.
How it works
1. Put together a group of up to 6 kids who are close in mountain bike ability
2. Contact us with your preferred dates - Mondays to Fridays through the summer.
3. Let us know how many days you want - single day, full week or anything in between.
4. Tell us full day (9am to 4pm) or half days (9am to 12pm, or 1pm to 4pm).
5. Pricing is flat rate per coach, and one coach can handle a maximum of 6 kids. Pricing details here.
6. Transportation with our certified commercial van and trailer can be added to Instruction sessions. Either for shuttle transport during the lesson and /or transport to and from your home.
7. Discuss with us what type of Mountain Biking camp your group would enjoy, Cross Country, Downhill or a mix of the two. Instruction and activities will take place primarily at Moose Mountain or West Bragg Creek trail systems depending on the type riding the group is going to be doing.
8. We will then pair you with an instructor and build a fun filled Mountain Bike experience for your group of kids.